Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Carbon Footprint

That's the new buzzword out there today, Carbon Footprint. It's a good term and one we'll all get to know and be concerned with, but the issue is that reducing our carbon footprint means a great deal of behavioral change- are we ready for that?

I hope we are but it's going to take some work, a lot of it. It's going to be an interesting decade as we try to figure out our priorities and find ways to live in a more sustainable way. I hate to say it, as I love living up in the mountains, but one of the biggest things I could do to reduce my footprint- move into a city. Now there is a statement I never thought I would make!

Hmmmm, I'll chew on that and riff more later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Cole said...

You could move to a city and maybe or maybe that would not reduce your footprint. However, culture change, while longer to accomplish than a move, seems to be the longer term solution. I'm still convinced that our lifestyles are still at the root of much of this problem and it is so hard for us to give up our "wants" (and yes, that is opposed to "needs"!)
Mom

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home