Friday, August 18, 2006

Single speeds

What's up with this SS obsession? I rode my SS mtb in from the shop where my car is being introduced to its new clutch and my truck getting a little sticker that keeps the police happy. Aren't cars fun!

I rode the old Specialized in thinking it would be fun to get a feel for how that gear will roll on the pavement, let's just say I was getting a touch frustrated with how quickly you run out of gear. I'm hoping that a 29'er might have a touch more roll- time will tell.

Josh got rid of his brand new Serrotta in favor of a Cannondale Synapse, I'll have to let you know what he thinks. The Serrotta was a compact frame and he was having some foot/wheel overlap issues that made it a touch dicey in the turns- I think good'ol PJ made the right move.

Hoping to ride Sticks and Stones tonight on my way home- anyone else heading that way around 5pm??? Then for the weekend I hope to get out for a good road ride- any ideas.

Gotta get back to the real world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home