Tuesday, August 22, 2006

it's simple really

I want to tinker, dream, imagine, start and not have to finish- and get paid for it. I'm one of those people who can get 80 percent through a project and then loose all motivation to complete it. I'm not sure why. Fortunately that doesn't happen to me when I'm racing or training, but on other projects it certainly does.

The funny part isn't that I loose motivation, it's that I loose if for that particular task. Somwhere along the project my mind has begun to wander and the outcome of the current task is no longer that important, but the start of the new tangent is. I have always thought that if I could partner with someone who is a detail person who hates coming up with ideas but love executing other peoples visions that "we" could do well. Any takers???

I just got back in from a run. I really don't enjoy running all that much. I used to say that I hate it but I really don't hate it, I just don't enjoy it. There are usually a few moments during a run where my body feels good- but I haven't gotten to a point where those moments happen all to often! I think of myself as somewhat fit, but running still kicks my ass. My wife has talked me into running Vermont City Marathon with her this coming spring, she did it in 2004 and she is ready to do it again. It'll be fun, and I actually look forward to the training aspect as it'll be a good time of year for me to be building for cycling season.

TWAF is looking at our race calendar for next year, I think we would like to add on a couple more 24's and I know that A1 and I would both like to do an E100 race. That would be fun (if that can be called fun, but we seem to call it that!).

This is a fun time of year, I'm starting to think a bit about snow. Wondering how the back country skiing and XC skiing will be. Wondering how my youngest will do with skiing this year and hoping I can keep up with my oldest on the alpine hill. At the same time I'm excited for cyclocross season and really anxious for Porky Gulch Classic in November. A good time of year!

That's it at the moment, if anyone runs into an IF SS frame in a size 19" let me know- I'm in the market;)

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home