Sunday, November 25, 2007

Time to prep skis!

I didn't get out and ski as planned this weekend, a bit of a stomach bug saw to that- but next weekend looks to be a go. My gear is mostly in ok shape, although I think my alpine boots have seen their best days long ago.

But what does need to be done is all the summer wax needs to get scrapped and brushed out and the years first skiing wax needs to get applied. That will be a good task for Wednesday night.

I spoke with Irene up at Bretton Woods this weekend when I was working at RSN and it sounds like a Crawford Notch winter. I remember a number of years ago Jeremiah Beach had a theory that whichever of the two notches (Pinkham or Crawford) got the best early snow would be the side of the mountain that got the most snow all year- so far is't a Crawford year. Of course Miah has left the Valley for the winter and headed out to Colorado for a good winter of skiing. Just might have to go and visit.

That's it for now- gotta look at the forecast and see if I need to put the studded tires on the cross bike for commuting yet- might be slick in the am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home